About the role:
We are seeking a full-time Applications Specialist with a demonstrated eye for detail to join our R&D team. Responsibilities will include all aspects of mold release testing, including preparing the mold from repair, compounding, buffing, cleaning, sealing, and releasing.
The Applications Specialist will be focused on hands-on development to optimize application testing and developing and documenting methods for validating mold primers, sealers, release agents, cleaners, etc.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Sourcing the right molds & mold substrates for application testing
- Develop and conduct test methods/processes with minimal to no direction and accurately record test data & observations
This role will report to the Technical Director and will work closely with R&D, QC department, and Sales team. A training and orientation period during the first 6 months of the position will include travel to customer locations to experience our products in action. This position will be located in our Monroe, CT facility and will require a maximum of 10% travel after the orientation period.
Who We’re Looking For:
- Must have direct experience in composites manufacture techniques. Examples include (1) Prepreg layup, cure cycles and storage requirements, (2) Wet-layup, (3) Infusion, (4) Vacuum bagging, (5) Mold prep, (6) Part trimming and finishing, (7) HLU, (8) RTM
- The following skills are a big plus: (1) mold building experience (2) experience with cure cycles and oven operation/monitoring (3) ability to troubleshoot and solve polymer molding issues, (4) Bladder molding, (5) mold painting
- Knowledge of various materials including thermoset resins, gel coats, catalysts, fillers, etc.
- Working knowledge of a variety of molded polymer processes
- Desire to expand experience and capabilities while working new processes and polymer systems
- Must possess a hands-on, ‘can-do’ attitude
- Willingness to learn new skills and ambition to make high quality, transformational products
- Willingness to work in a team environment
- Must possess a passion for problem solving
- Wind energy or automotive experience a plus
- A passion for AXEL’s mission
Comprehensive benefits, salary and bonus program are commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance is available.
AXEL is a privately held company soon to celebrate its 80th year in its third generation of family ownership and operation. The business is registered to the ISO 9001:2015 Quality System. The company and its products are fully compliant with REACH and major worldwide regulatory requirements. We are now in our fourth year at our new 40,000-square-foot facility in Monroe, CT.
At AXEL, you can make a difference and craft your career. That’s why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands and markets around the world open countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an innovative mindset towards product development that allows you to always think out of the box – this could be the opportunity for you.
This is an active, standing role requiring some lifting and occasional exposure to noise and VOCs, and solvent-based mold release agents. PPE is provided for these activities.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with job title included in subject line.