About the role: Chemical Factory Worker
Location: Monroe, CT
Job Type: Full Time
Entry level position in our Factory Warehouse for Shipping/Receiving/Filling with opportunities to grow into chemical operator and lead positions. The work environment is fast-paced and challenging. Become part of our plant team to ship out orders to customers on-time by receiving raw materials, making products, repackaging and filling containers, boxing, labeling, wrapping, and shipping.
Job activities include:
- Shipping of products and samples
- Driving fork lifts
- Receiving of purchased raw materials and goods
- Filling of containers, applying labels and packing
- Making boxes to hold and ship containers
- Mixing and blending of chemicals following strict operating instructions
- Maintaining good housekeeping
- Performing routine maintenance
- Strictly following all safety (PPE) and operating procedure
- High School diploma or GED
- Previous forklift experience and/or certification is desired
- General knowledge of manufacturing, chemicals, and warehousing
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and move drums
- Hazmat awareness and training
- Knowledge of UPS/FedEx shipping software
- Strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills to function in a team environment
- Display a willingness, aptitude, and self-discipline to learn and work
- On-Time Attendance monthly bonus
- Company Revenue monthly bonus
- Generous Year-end bonus
- Dental, Medical, and Supplemental Insurance plans are available
- 401K plan is available
- Paid Vacation
Axel Plastics Research Laboratories (AXEL) is a U.S. based manufacturer of proprietary mold releases and process aid additives. AXEL also provides formulated mold releases for decorative laminates, concrete, abrasives and other markets.
AXEL is a privately held company that is in its 80th year in its third generation of family ownership and operation. The business is registered to the ISO 9001:2015 Quality System. Its products are fully compliant with REACH and major worldwide regulatory requirements. AXEL serves the global market through direct sales and a network of stocking distributors and technically trained representatives.
To apply, please fill out the form below.